|Minimum Order Quantity
A non-woven pad, also known as a non-woven abrasive pad or non-woven abrasive pad, is a type of abrasive material used for cleaning, deburring, blending, and finishing applications. It is a versatile and effective tool commonly used in industrial settings, workshops, and various cleaning tasks.
Key features and characteristics of non-woven pads include:
1. Material: Non-woven pads are made from a combination of synthetic fibers bonded together with resins or adhesives. The fibers are usually nylon, polyester, or a blend of both.
2. Open Structure: Non-woven pads have an open structure, which allows for the abrasive particles to be uniformly distributed across the pad's surface. This design ensures consistent and controlled abrasion during use.
3. Abrasive Grit: Non-woven pads are available in various abrasive grits, ranging from coarse to fine. The specific grit determines the level of aggressiveness and the surface finish achieved during the application.
4. Versatility: Non-woven pads are suitable for use on a wide range of materials, including metal, wood, plastics, ceramics, and composites.
5. Flexibility: Non-woven pads are flexible and conformable, making them ideal for reaching irregular or contoured surfaces.
Using a non-woven pad involves the following steps:
1. Select the Appropriate Grit: Choose the non-woven pad with the appropriate grit for the specific task at hand. Coarser grits are suitable for heavy material removal or surface preparation, while finer grits are used for polishing and finishing.
2. Attach to a Holder or Hand Pad: Non-woven pads can be used by hand or attached to a pad holder or sanding block for added control and even pressure during use.
3. Apply Light Pressure: Apply light to moderate pressure and move the non-woven pad in a back-and-forth or circular motion to achieve the desired result.
4. Clean and Maintain: After use, clean the non-woven pad to remove debris and extend its lifespan. Non-woven pads can be rinsed and reused several times, depending on the level of wear.
Non-woven pads are commonly used for various tasks, such as cleaning surfaces, removing rust and paint, deburring sharp edges, blending welds, and creating a brushed or satin finish on metal surfaces. They are a popular choice for their effectiveness, flexibility, and ability to provide consistent results without aggressive stock removal.
As with any abrasive material, it's essential to wear appropriate personal protective equipment, such as safety glasses and gloves, when using non-woven pads to prevent injury and protect against dust and debris.
- Item Code: 8045
- Delivery Time: 2-3 DAYS