|Minimum Order Quantity||480 Piece|
|Country of Origin||Made in India|
A diamond tip glass cutter, also known as a diamond glass cutter or diamond glass scoring tool, is a specialized cutting tool used for scoring and cutting glass and other hard materials. Unlike conventional glass cutters that use a hardened steel wheel, a diamond tip glass cutter has a cutting wheel or tip made of industrial-grade diamonds, which are extremely hard and durable.
Key features and characteristics of a diamond tip glass cutter include:
1. Diamond Cutting Wheel: The cutting wheel or tip of the glass cutter is embedded with industrial diamonds. Diamonds are one of the hardest materials known, allowing the cutter to create precise scores on glass surfaces.
2. Pencil-Like Design: Diamond tip glass cutters typically have a pencil-like design, with a small handle and a slender cutting wheel attached to one end. The cutting wheel is often retractable or protected by a cap for safety.
3. Precision Scoring: When using a diamond tip glass cutter, the user applies pressure to the tool while running it along the glass surface, creating a scoreline or scratch. The scored glass can then be carefully broken along the scoreline, resulting in a clean and controlled cut.
4. Suitable for Hard Materials: Diamond tip glass cutters are not limited to glass cutting; they can also be used on hard materials such as ceramic, porcelain, and certain types of stone.
Using a diamond tip glass cutter involves the following steps:
1. Clean the Glass: Ensure the glass surface is clean and free from any debris or dust.
2. Score the Glass: Hold the diamond tip glass cutter firmly, align the cutting wheel with the desired cut line, and apply even pressure while running the cutter along the glass surface. This will create a visible scoreline on the glass.
3. Breaking the Glass: After scoring the glass, carefully apply pressure to both sides of the scored line, causing the glass to break along the scoreline. This can be done using hands or pliers.
Diamond tip glass cutters are commonly used in glass cutting and glass artistry. They provide precision and control, allowing artisans and craftsmen to create intricate designs and custom shapes in glasswork. Proper technique, regular lubrication of the cutting wheel, and handling with care will ensure optimal performance and longevity of the diamond tip glass cutter.